top of page


I was responsible for everything.


To achieve this generic explosion I first started out with a sphere and added animated alligator noise on it. This was done in-order to achieve change during the pyro simulation so that it wasn't a static emitter. From there I used the shelf tool to get a quick start on the pyro simulation. I then modified the simulation settings (such as burn rate, turbulence, buoyancy, etc.) to what I want the explosion to look like. After that was done I used a volume light to help light up the simulation. For the shader I decided to allow an artistic influence in the sense that an artist can modify the heat color of the simulation by using a color ramp. This was chosen over physical option solely because I could control the look of the explosion far better.

bottom of page